Monday, November 17, 2008

One week birthday!

In honor of the one week birthday yesterday, here are some of the pictures that my friend Jessica took right after Adam was born. A couple of these are on here from earlier posts, but here they are in bigger sizes and credit given where credit is due - thanks Jessica!

On Sunday morning Adam gained weight up to 3 lbs, 2.3 oz and since his bilirubin was down, he no longer has to be put under the lights. Sometimes the higher levels makes babies more drowsy and he had been wearing his "bili shades" all the time. Now he can go back to wearing clothes! Dad and I helped with a sponge bath on Sunday morning and then learned about the lights getting turned off so I was able to dress him for the first time (pics to come later) which made my day. We asked if we should bring clothes to the NICU for him to wear but it sounds like its difficult to keep them straight so most babies wear the clothes the nurses have in the NICU. Adam spit up a little bit at a feeding later in the day so Dad got to try his hand at dressing Adam too. Neither of us were proficient at this; hopefully we did not burn too many calories wiggling him around to fix the snaps on the legs! At least he doesn't fuss.

Thank you for your continued prayers; continue to pray for Adam's weight gain. This morning (early Monday) I called and he was up to 3 lbs, 3 oz and is still tolerating his food well! Today he gets a CT scan of his head, which is routine for preemies. Hopefully everything is fine. We enjoy your comments very much.










**This is the sign that is still on his bed. If we had seen his name written out before, maybe we could have chosen a name quicker! Doesn't it look good?








**This was the first time that I was able to hold him; I was so thrilled that the nurses had waited to allow me to hold him first. It was difficult to wait until I was allowed to go see him while so many people had already seen him but I was so happy to know that he was breathing completely on his own. Holding him for the first time was so relaxing for me!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations David (and to the wife, who I think probably did all the work)! Looks like he is doing well and hopefully he will take more after his mother! By the way, this is John Baker, Sara sent me the link to your blog so hopefully you won't mind me nosing around the website every once in a while. But anyway, Adam looks great and congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa and David, I am so glad he is doing so well. He looks like a little fighter. I wish he was in my hospital so I could take care of him and check on him everytime I work. Love Holly and Ben Chitwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1 week old birthday to the little burrito!!! Looking forward to Saturday.
    Bridger

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are precious. You guys are such a cute family. See you soon.
    - Candace

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name Adam Strunk does look great and it sounds great too! We love him so much already and we can't wait to meet him this weekend! He is adorable in the pictures but we are counting down the hours until we can see him in person (and see his mom and dad too)!! Thank you very much for posting all the pictures and keeping us up to date on his progress!

    Love Leah and Keith

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooo cute David!!!! we can see he gets his looks from his mom, ;) glad youre back at work and we're glad Adam's doing ok!! k-rog staff

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great picture! I loved them all. Happy 1 week birthday Adam!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete