Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Monday and Tuesday were both good growing days for Adam. On Tuesday, Adam's weight was up to 3 lbs, 11.9 oz. David and I had several errands and appointments to make in between feeding times, and by the end of the day, we were worn out. Adam, however, slept peacefully :o).

On Tuesday, Adam was moved to an open crib. His nurses kept the isolette beside his new bed so that he could be moved to it if his temperature was not maintained. So far, however, Adam has done well, and his temperature has been within range. He is very bundled now - he has a onesie, an outfit, a warmed blanket bundled and a small fleece blanket on top, with a hat on to top it off. He is so cute! He had several feeding times where he was very alert and is getting better at eating. Please continue to pray for this. He needs to maintain his temperature and keep gaining weight in the new crib and he needs to learn to eat better so the NG tube can be taken out.


I think Adam was a little confused by this new bed!

I went back to work on Tuesday for a few hours in the afternoon. This is the plan for until Adam comes home. I wasn't looking forward to it because I would rather be with Adam, but I have to remind myself why I am doing it. Hopefully, this will allow me more time with him when he does come home.

The baby's weight early Wednesday morning was 3 lbs, 13.3 oz! Can you believe how great he is growing?

Tonight my family is having Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house, and I am looking forward to all of the good food! I am sure many people will be traveling today, so have a Happy Thanksgiving! We have much for which to be thankful.

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land." - Psalm 95:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment