Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eat, Sleep, and Dirty Diapers

I thought this pacifier gives a good reference for size.


Here's a shot at Dad's first time with changing clothes. Note: Mom actually did this first!

These are pics of Mom's first time putting on his clothes -- even some preemie clothes are big right now!

Monday was a pretty cold day in Lex, even with occasional flurries throughout the day. David's sister Sarah took the day off to come up and be my driver since I still have a week left before I can drive again. It was David's first day back to work which I know was difficult for him. He and I went in early for a feeding time and he stayed until he went to work. Then Aunt Sarah came to visit. Both of Adam's grandmas stopped by in the evening. He is well loved to be sure, and I can just imagine how many people would be there if there weren't restrictions! By the time David came back after work he was ready to get his boy back.

The CT scan of his head turned out perfectly normal, and besides that the day went well. Adam did a lot more sleeping today and was less awake before feeding times - he would usually only open one eye at a time! He was also started on a vitamin with iron.

Today David's mom will be my driver for the day. Adam's weight early this morning was 3 lbs, 3.8 oz! Chunky, huh? Today we learned that once he starts gaining weight, the goal would be an average weight gain of about an ounce per day.

8 comments:

  1. What great news to hear that he is gaining weight and that his CT scan was normal! It was great seeing all those pictures of him :) He is so cute. We hope to see you soon!
    Love,
    Kristin and Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa and David -- he is absolutely precious! We have been thinking and praying for you guys!!! I am so glad to hear that his CT was normal and he is getting a little chubby! I love your blog!! Keep updating as we are all interested in his progress!
    Love, Dan and Dana Grantz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,David,and Adam,i am still praying for you all.Thanks for the Blog it is Great.Love to all Uncle jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear he's gaining weight. I sympathize with David, too. I took a week off school when Gabe was born, and absolutely hated having to go back, even though in my case it was only for a few hours a day, a couple days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As LeeAnn's first cousin once removed, I am sure I see some Shelley in that boy...all of his best features. My favorite photo is the one with the two hands and the ring over his fingers. Your friend's photos in black and white so unique and wonderful too. When "Grandma" figures out my relationship to Adam, let me know. Love, Ann Shelley Foster FL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Lisa and David!! We're so happy to hear that Adam is doing well and gaining weight! All of his pictures are so adorable - and he looks so strong!! We'll keep the three of you in our prayers.
    Take care,
    Scott & Priya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that Adam is doing well. We will continue to pray that he grows stronger every day!
    Sara & Danny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa & David,Adam is looking better every day.Keep up the Good care and i will hold you all up before the Lord.Love to all.....jack....

    ReplyDelete