Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to Work

So its been pretty busy around here lately! Adam has had lots of "firsts", including his first day at church, his first time out to a restaurant, and his first day of daycare. In addition he has learned several new things that I have yet to mention...he continues to hold his head up more and more, he can make noises (which is SUPER cute, by the way), he smiles more, loves to kick his legs, can now smack his lips, arches his back, and is starting to enjoy his mobile on the playy-yard and crib. He is a lot of fun. Oh yeah, and he can occasionally get really upset, too!

(Maybe it was because his sock fell off?)
So, work...it was (is) difficult to be away from him all day, for sure, but it also felt good to be back at work. My mom kept him two days last week and he did Daddy Daycare the other day. I didn't realize how much easier it really would make it to get somewhat used to leaving him with family before going to daycare. It wasn't really even my idea, but I am so glad that's how it worked out. His first day at daycare was yesterday, and he reportedly did really well and only cried when he wanted his bottle, which I think is wonderful. Everyone seemed to love having him there so it really made it easier for me. But who wouldn't want to spend the day with my cute boy, right?

1 comment:

  1. Lisa my friend...it will get easier every day. Daycare will never be the same as family holding him and caring for him. I promise there will be days when you pick him irritated, but others that you are glad he is there learning and interacting with others. Just remember they adjust better than we do and probably don't really care who feeds or changes them. Little boys save all of their love for their mommies:)

    ReplyDelete