Monday, May 30, 2011

Half a Decade

David and I recently celebrated our anniversary this month...our FIFTH anniversary. Who knew five years could pass so quickly? I once had these thoughts that every year on our anniversary, we'd celebrate by watching our wedding video and reminiscing on all the special moments of our wedding day. That sounds nice, right? I'm sure many people actually do that. On our first anniversary, we actually made it through the video while eating a slice of our thawed-out top layer of our wedding cake. And that was the last time we've watched it. I hope that I can actually find it now, come to think of it. Not living up to this is not the end of the world, I've decided, because our lives are quite different now. We still very much cherish the memories of that day, and maybe we will one day restart that tradition, but for now, it is okay. I am thankful to have such a wonderful husband, and though I doubt there is anyone out there reading this blog who has somehow missed the numerous pictures of our kiddos, we also have two precious babies now too. I'll never forget our wedding day, but we have thankfully added so many more precious moments to our history together. I cherish each one.



So for this anniversary, we went to Midway to Holly Hill Inn and had a great time...adding to our memories.


So the 5 year anniversary gift is wood, so here is what I received from my husband who buys such thoughtful gifts - a wooden wine rack, a wooden-ish planter with two daylilies and goodies inside.



Inside, a WoodWick candle, a carved budvase, the Anniversary couple from Willow Tree, and a handy little thing (in the back) that makes fancy wavy cheese cuts.


Plus, though unrelated, here's a picture of my rhododendrons in bloom on our anniversary...just because I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment