Friday, May 6, 2011

Caleb at 9 Months

Is there anything much sweeter than a baby in jammies after bathtime?




It's nice to be able to get around on my own a little bit. I can explore things

that I need to this way.


One of his favorite things to do now is roll/spin over and pull the puzzles down. He did this all on his own. He especially likes to chew on the motorcycle piece, haha!


Love the Transy onesie!

This picture cracks me up! We now let Adam watch cartoons before bed. I am usually trying to get Caleb in the bed at that point, but here he is in the zone watching cartoons himself!


Caleb is 9 months now! Since I was later writing this post, I get to include a few more things. Today, he said "Mama" and I think he knew what it meant! Mark that down as his first word! I mean, he has been babbling awhile, and all of those sounds have come out of his mouth, but today I thought he might know that I was Mama. And if not, well, there are advantages to being the family record-keeper. Plus, Adam definitely said Dada first, so it's only fair. So there. :o)

This has been a big month! He is so close to crawling that I feel like it could be any minute. He kinda crawls backwards, and sometimes gets up on his hands and knees like he is ready to crawl. I may be saying tomorrow that it is a done deal, he is so close.



He also moved up to the big carseat this month after he had outgrown the infant carrier's weight limit. He will still face backward for quite awhile, but I think he is already more comfortable in his new seat.



Caleb has discovered the sippy cup, and while I'm not sure he gets a ton out of it, it must feel really good on sore gums. This baby still has no teeth, but Adam was also kinda late cutting his first tooth as well.



We can really tell that Caleb has become more attached to us this month. He really likes for one of us to be holding him, or close to him. He likes to practice standing up by holding onto our fingers or the couch, and he is so proud of himself when he does. He still loves to jump, and he does this while standing up. He likes to play on the musical table most, but he loves the ball popper and the tv remote too. This week he has also learned to clap his hands. All of these are bittersweet; my baby is growing up...but my baby is growing up!

Caleb weighs 22 lbs, 5 oz (73rd percentile), and is 30 inches long (91st percentile)! We'll learn the stats at his 9 month checkup this week. He is a good eater, obviously, and when eating solids, usually eats cereal and 2 containers of #2 foods. He likes fruits the best, but who wouldn't, right? Yum. He wears 9 month clothes and size 4 diapers. Caleb has had two real haircuts already, plus a few 'above the ear touchups' by Mom, too!



Happy 9 months, sweet baby! We love watching you learn so many new things. You are so special to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment