Sunday, March 8, 2009

Family Matters

This weekend turned out to be a busy one at our house! I feel like I have hardly been able to sit down to relax, even though I had an extended weekend. David's mom kept Adam last week on Thursday, and when I got home we took him for a walk at the park. Friday turned out to be a day that both David and I were off, so we ran some errands and got some things done for the weekend that I would normally do on Saturday.

My mom and I took Adam on his first long trip on Saturday, back to my hometown. Adam is fortunate to have four living great-grandparents and he had met all but one so we went to introduce Adam to Papaw Earl. Adam did great in the car on our way there, but had kind of a rough trip back (more on that later). We really enjoyed our day - even though we had gotten together as a family since then, I realized it had been since June of 2007 since I had been there! It was a great visit and we had such a nice day, and Adam felt so comfortable that he easily was fast asleep on Papaw's belly.

By the time we were driving back I think Adam was worn out, had gotten warm earlier from the 73 degree weather (the warmest day since Adam was born), and was ready to be held again rather than sit in the car seat, so he cried for a solid hour despite my mom's best efforts to soothe him. There wasn't a safe spot to even pull over so we just had to keep going. Eventually he wore himself out! Later, David and I found that he had little red bumps all over his chest and some on his back, so this definitely could have been contributing. I am not sure if they were from the heat earlier in the day when he was overdressed, or from the new outfit he wore that I had not yet washed prior to him wearing it. Either way, we gave him a bath and just watched him last night and it was gone by the morning! Poor little guy!

Today we had our second week of our parenting class, and I hope to get to share some of what we learned later because it was really good.


Here is a picture of Adam and my cousin's little boy, Shawn, who is almost four. He LOVED holding Adam. He asked for him about ten times, and anytime Adam was looking around while being held by someone else, Shawn said in his quiet little voice "he's looking for me". They were too cute.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam, Love your pics. Love, Auntie Janney

    ReplyDelete