Friday, December 10, 2010

Caleb: 4 months old

Maybe we should say 4 1/2 months old now! Its taken me awhile to get to this...

Well, we're definitely in the Christmas season now, and the weather this year has been surprising, I'd say! Quite a bit of snow a week of below freezing temperatures. Maybe it will snow for Christmas!

I have been on a mission to get all those "things" related to Christmas finished "early" this year as I now have two boys with whom I want to enjoy all the fun things of Christmas (plus David). It will be Caleb's first Christmas, so we are getting use out of all our "Baby's First Christmas" gear, and Adam is at such a fun age. While there's still a lot that he doesn't understand, it is fun watching him as he learns and recognizes all there is to take in around the holidays. I love how excited he gets when he sees outside Christmas lights on houses while we drive in the car. At home, he also likes to instruct us to turn the lights on, as well. He has been very interested in the Christmas tree, has some favorite ornaments that he likes to locate every day, but for the most part has not bothered it much. Watching him really brings us joy.
At Caleb's 4 month checkup, he was doing great! He smiles often now, and is starting to laugh. I think he will surely be a ticklish baby. He doesn't mind tummy time, and holds his head up well. But he is surely a drooler! I had forgotten how much babies drool at this age! He likes baths and reaches to grab things now. His eyes are still an interesting dark blue/gray, which remind me of his Uncle Scotty's right now. His hair is still thick, minus the rubbed off spot in the back where he sleeps - ha! And as for sleep...well...he sleeps, just not quite as well as he used to. Most nights he'll get up once, maybe twice. I think he mostly just likes being held, but he goes back to sleep pretty easily, and wakes up happy. He sleeps in his crib, with his arms almost always above his head.


He wears 3-6 month clothes, size 2-3 diapers, weighs 16 lbs, 2 oz, and is 27 inches long. A long baby, for sure! He recently found his feet, as you can see. Plus, he is a serious thumb-sucker, which I think is especially cute.

Caleb, you are so well loved! It seems you are growing up so quickly. I realized I now carry you on my hip rather than in my arms because you now hold your head up so well. We are so thankful for you, love you, and pray for you, sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment