Friday, October 16, 2009

Our Nation's Capital

Last month I had a last-minute trip to DC for a work conference with other VA pharmacists who do the same specific job that I do all across the country. It was fun to get to meet some people, share our work and ideas, etc. It was only for a couple of days, so David was able to switch a day and go with me! This was our first trip away from Adam, and our my first night away from him. Leaving him was difficult, but he was in good hands with David's parents, and from all accounts he had a great time and did a lot of visiting! I survived being away from him, though I convinced myself that he was upset with me the entire first 24 hours I was home. I'm sure now that it was all in my head.

David and I had a fun time, walked until our feet were blistered, and were able to enjoy a couple beautiful days seeing some sights, thinking of our nations's blessed history, and being thankful for those who have and those who are currently fighting for our country.


The Washington Monument, so pretty at night!


The World War II Memorial: This was "new" since I had last been in DC, and was so great to visit. Pictures do not do it justice.


There was one of these for each state and territory at the time of the war. I am sure there was a ton more symbolism behind the design, so click here for more info. Who said this blog couldn't be educational?





The White House from the top of the Washington Monument. I'm zoomed in, but I never knew it was so close to the Mall! I can't wait to go back one day when Adam is a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment