Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Twenty-Nine and Holding

Well, its true, and thanks to Facebook, everyone already knows its my birthday today! I have already had a wonderful week of birthday celebrations, and really feel like today is passing by just a little too quickly!

Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! I am so grateful to have all of you in my life. I have such a wonderful husband and son, family, friends, and co-workers. It’s a great day to take the opportunity to let you know how much you are appreciated and valued to me. I thank Jesus for placing each of you in my life.

David’s parents, sisters and their husband(s) - yea Sarah and John! – all stayed with us this weekend while they were in town for a wedding, and we all went to Bob Evans on Sunday with my parents for a b’day breakfast, complete with cake.

Last night, David took me to dinner at Dudley’s to celebrate and we had such a great dinner. I had a half rack of lamb which was just fabulous, our appetizer was great and so was the Black Tie Sundae we had for dessert. We even had a special dinner guest, Coach Calipari, who sat next to us! This of course, was the highlight; forget my birthday! David was really happy with my choice of restaurants! Our waiter asked us if we had already tweeted/texted/called/and facebook-status-updated regarding our table neighbor, but we were trying to be cool until we left the restaurant, when of course we started calling everyone! Our waiter claimed we could be the most popular people at the water cooler today just by sharing the info.

I’ve had several extra special gifts already…
1) Flowers were delivered to my house as soon as I got home yesterday, and they were a beautiful arrangement of all-white flowers. For those of you who don’t already know, David is a very thoughtful gift-giver, and has always given me flowers on my birthday that clue me in to the piece of jewelry that he gives me next. So of course, white is very exciting, right ladies? I got a pair of diamond earrings before we went to dinner.
2) My co-worker made me a cake and cupcakes and brought them to work this morning, which was so thoughtful. The cupcakes were yellow cake mix with a gallop of cookie dough in the middle and cream cheese icing on top. The cake was equally yummy!
3) Adam was also thoughtful; he had my mom make me a keychain that says “29 and holding”. Thanks sweet Adam! There’s a story behind it…just wait. I can remember my mom’s 29th birthday. Our family used to camp nearly every weekend in the summer, usually at Jenny Wiley State Park/Dewey Lake. I loved riding my bike to the campground store to peruse the pencils, great eraser collection, and the keychain rack. (My brother loved the fool’s gold). I found a “29 and holding” keychain and had to go back and ask Dad for money so I could buy it for Mom for her birthday. So we have a family tradition!My mom sent me the sweetest email this morning. I’ll have to ask her if its okay to share, but it was all about this day 29 years ago. I love birthdays!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Since I am the one person on earth who doesn't live on facebook, I had no idea! Glad to hear it was wonderful! Can't wait to see your earrings!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Lisa!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic one! We are so very blessed to have such wonderful, amazing families!!!!! :)
    -Lennie

    ReplyDelete