Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Otitis Media


The little man is down (but not out) with an ear infection today. He had a fever yesterday while he was home with Daddy and a couple of rough nights so I stayed home with him today. I took him to the pediatrician this morning and did his 9 month old checkup (scheduled for next week) today too. He no longer has a fever but one ear "looks terrible" according to the doctor. So I had my favorite pharmacist fill his prescription and hopefully we are on our way back to feeling great. Little man hasn't been too fussy in general, but if something goes wrong (like he tips over) he is way more unhappy than his normal self would be.

We have to go back to the doctor next week, though for follow-up because his hemoglobin was low again. Hopefully its just because he was sick today. Nevertheless, its back to iron supplements until we know for sure. As for now, I think we'll go for a walk. He enjoys that so much. And his ear hasn't kept him from bouncing!

By the way, Adam is now in the 3rd percentile (up from the 1st) in weight. Yippee! He is also up to the 35th for length now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just want to squeeze him! That picture of Adam in the grass is adorable...he is totally playing to the camera :) I am sorry that he is feeling badly. Hope to see you guys soon!
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete